LAS VEGAS — President Barack Obama says he's "just okay" at debating, as his campaign continued trying to lower expectations ahead of his first face-off with Republican Mitt Romney.
Speaking at an evening campaign rally Sunday, Obama graded his GOP opponent as "a good debater." The candidates will compete in their first of three debates Wednesday.
The president says Americans deserve a discussion focused on what the candidates would do to keep the country growing and restore middle class security.
Obama spoke to more than 11,000 people gathered at a high school in Las Vegas. The rally was aimed in part at rallying Hispanic voters and featured a performance by the Mexican rock band Mana.
The president is staying in Nevada until Wednesday, holding intensive debate preparations with top advisers.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Ukraine accuses Russia of sending in tanks,...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 30
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 14
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14