LAS VEGAS — President Barack Obama says he's "just okay" at debating, as his campaign continued trying to lower expectations ahead of his first face-off with Republican Mitt Romney.
Speaking at an evening campaign rally Sunday, Obama graded his GOP opponent as "a good debater." The candidates will compete in their first of three debates Wednesday.
The president says Americans deserve a discussion focused on what the candidates would do to keep the country growing and restore middle class security.
Obama spoke to more than 11,000 people gathered at a high school in Las Vegas. The rally was aimed in part at rallying Hispanic voters and featured a performance by the Mexican rock band Mana.
The president is staying in Nevada until Wednesday, holding intensive debate preparations with top advisers.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Navajo Generating Station, West's... 11
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 11