LAS VEGAS — President Barack Obama says he's "just okay" at debating, as his campaign continued trying to lower expectations ahead of his first face-off with Republican Mitt Romney.
Speaking at an evening campaign rally Sunday, Obama graded his GOP opponent as "a good debater." The candidates will compete in their first of three debates Wednesday.
The president says Americans deserve a discussion focused on what the candidates would do to keep the country growing and restore middle class security.
Obama spoke to more than 11,000 people gathered at a high school in Las Vegas. The rally was aimed in part at rallying Hispanic voters and featured a performance by the Mexican rock band Mana.
The president is staying in Nevada until Wednesday, holding intensive debate preparations with top advisers.
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 19
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 17
- Research: Native American genes have... 14