Ryan said Friday that the Jets would wait to put Revis on injured reserve until he has surgery in a few weeks, keeping him available in case New York goes to the Super Bowl.
If the Jets play like this the rest of the way, just getting to the playoffs will be a tall task.
"If anybody thought that we were there, or close to being there, today was a real wakeup call," linebacker Aaron Maybin said. "Today was an indication that all of us have mistakes that have to be rectified if we're going to be able to turn this ship around."
Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick — on a wildcat-style option — all ran for scores as the 49ers bounced back from a disappointing loss last week at Minnesota. Rather than head back to the West Coast after that defeat, coach Jim Harbaugh chose to have his team stay in eastern Ohio and practice at Youngstown State all week.
"After the last game, some people were questioning us and we knew what we were capable of," said linebacker Aldon Smith, who had two sacks. "We played all together as a unit and proved what we are as a defense."
This was San Francisco's first shutout since beating the St. Louis Rams 26-0 last December.
"This team was pretty upset last week with ourselves," quarterback Alex Smith said. "Obviously, the guys came out ready to play and any time the defense plays like that makes it easy on us as an offense."
NOTES: WR Mario Manningham, a Super Bowl star with the Giants before joining the Niners as free agent, returned to the Meadowlands and had three catches for 47 yards, plus a 28-yard gain on an end-around ... David Akers kicked two field goals, but also missed from 55 and 40 yards wide right ... New York also lost FB John Conner with a hamstring injury.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16