UTAH VALLEY CROSS COUNTRY: At Minneapolis, Minn., for the second time in the their last three visits to the Roy Griak Invitational, the Wolverine men's and women's cross country teams finished in the top 10 behind a 13th-place finish by Cliff Nielson (25:06) and a 33rd-place finish by freshman Darian Sharp (22:21).
SUU CROSS COUNTRY: At Eugene, Ore., the Thunderbird women earned a second-place finish behind Oregon, a team ranked third in the nation, at the Bill Dellinger Invitational. The men finished third behind No. 3 BYU and No. 23 Oregon, coming in ahead of the Pac-12's Washington.
Jamie Smith led the women's squad for the second consecutive meet, finishing third overall with a time of 16:59 and cutting 26 seconds off her 2011 finish.
Nate Jewkes led the men in the 8K with a fourth-place time of 23:51.
BYU GOLF: At Albuquerque, the Cougars shot a final round 11-over par to finish tied for fourth place at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate.
Senior Zac Blair led the Cougars during the final round, shooting a 74 (+2) to tie for 13th overall in the individual standings.
UTAH GOLF: At Albuquerque, the Utes finished with a team score of 902 (303-297-302), earning 10th place at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate.
Junior Casey Halliday led the Utes with 221 (76-68-77), tying for 16th.
BYU TENNIS: At Berkeley, Calif., freshman BYU tennis player Mackenna Maddox advanced to the semifinals of the Cal Nike Invitational and two other Cougars from the women's team earned their way to the quarterfinals.
Maddox won her first match of the tournament by beating Blair Reed from South Florida, 6-2, 6-0. Her next victory came over Nevada's Sheila Smiley, 6-3, 2-6, 6-0. In the quarterfinals, Maddox squeaked her way past Bianca Modoc from Fresno State, 6-4, 7-6 (3).
Junior Desiree Tran and sophomore Meghan Sheehan-Dizon played together in the doubles round and beat their first opponents, Katharina Knoebl and Sophil Lohscheidt from Sacramento, 8-4. The pair fell in the quarterfinal round to Cal's Annett Schutting and Annie Goransson, 8-4.
UTAH STATE TENNIS: At Tulsa, Okla., in the opening round of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Men's All-American Pre-Qualifying Championship, Sven Poslusny fought hard but fell in straight sets to Eastern Washington's Joseph Cohen (7-6 , 6-2) and heads to today's consolation draw.
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director of...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big year...
- Little offense as main players sit out Ute...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- BYU's Jaylen Reyes provides invaluable...
- 2015 Utah high school football schedules...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 89
- Ultimate football road trips:... 47
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 38
- Morning links: BYU close to a new... 34
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU edges Utah, 7-6, with eighth-inning... 32
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29