VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Michael Gspurning made three saves for his sixth shutout of the season as the Seattle Sounders played to a scoreless draw with the Vancouver Whitecaps, clinching a Western Conference playoff berth.
The Sounders (13-7-10) are assured of finishing no worse than fourth in West.
Vancouver (10-12-9) extended its winless streak to seven games (0-5-2), but gained a valuable point as it tries to hold on to the conference's fifth and final playoff spot.
TIMBERS 1, DC UNITED 1: at Portland, Ore., Bright Dike scored in the 79th minute to lift the Portland Timbers to a draw with D.C. United on Saturday night.
The Timbers (7-15-9), eighth in the Western Conference, avoided elimination from the postseason race.
DYNAMO 2, REVOLUTION 1: at Houston, Ricardo Clark and Oscar Boniek Garcia scored in the second half to lead the Houston Dynamo to a win over the New England Revolution.
RED BULLS 4, TORONTO FC 1: at Harrison, N.J., Thierry Henry scored a goal and set up three others and Kenny Cooper had two goals and an assist to lead the New York Red Bulls to the victory over Toronto FC.
CREW 3, UNION 2: at Columbus, Ohio, Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a narrow victory over Philadelphia, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
EARTHQUAKES 3, FC DALLAS 3: at Santa Clara, Calif., Steven Lenhart scored two goals, including the tying score in second-half stoppage time as the San Jose Earthquakes rallied for a draw with FC Dallas.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 47
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8