VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Michael Gspurning made three saves for his sixth shutout of the season as the Seattle Sounders played to a scoreless draw with the Vancouver Whitecaps, clinching a Western Conference playoff berth.
The Sounders (13-7-10) are assured of finishing no worse than fourth in West.
Vancouver (10-12-9) extended its winless streak to seven games (0-5-2), but gained a valuable point as it tries to hold on to the conference's fifth and final playoff spot.
TIMBERS 1, DC UNITED 1: at Portland, Ore., Bright Dike scored in the 79th minute to lift the Portland Timbers to a draw with D.C. United on Saturday night.
The Timbers (7-15-9), eighth in the Western Conference, avoided elimination from the postseason race.
DYNAMO 2, REVOLUTION 1: at Houston, Ricardo Clark and Oscar Boniek Garcia scored in the second half to lead the Houston Dynamo to a win over the New England Revolution.
RED BULLS 4, TORONTO FC 1: at Harrison, N.J., Thierry Henry scored a goal and set up three others and Kenny Cooper had two goals and an assist to lead the New York Red Bulls to the victory over Toronto FC.
CREW 3, UNION 2: at Columbus, Ohio, Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a narrow victory over Philadelphia, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
EARTHQUAKES 3, FC DALLAS 3: at Santa Clara, Calif., Steven Lenhart scored two goals, including the tying score in second-half stoppage time as the San Jose Earthquakes rallied for a draw with FC Dallas.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48