Investing Social Security tax money in the stock market is like giving that money to a professional poker player. If he wins, he will probably give some of the money back after he keeps what he believes he deserves.
Most of the people I know who buy and sell in the stock market, in their own words, "play" the market. They know that Social Security money is "fresh blood." They can smell it.
It will stimulate the market and create opportunities for those who have the "savvy" to "earn" money on their "investments." Why not tell the truth and admit that the Social Security money withheld from today's workers is paying to help support today's disadvantaged and retired workers.
If today's leaders cannot take care of today's needs with today's income, those leaders need to be replaced.
West Valley City
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: First-class prison
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 21