Investing Social Security tax money in the stock market is like giving that money to a professional poker player. If he wins, he will probably give some of the money back after he keeps what he believes he deserves.
Most of the people I know who buy and sell in the stock market, in their own words, "play" the market. They know that Social Security money is "fresh blood." They can smell it.
It will stimulate the market and create opportunities for those who have the "savvy" to "earn" money on their "investments." Why not tell the truth and admit that the Social Security money withheld from today's workers is paying to help support today's disadvantaged and retired workers.
If today's leaders cannot take care of today's needs with today's income, those leaders need to be replaced.
West Valley City
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20