CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Officials say Iron County Commissioner Daniel Webster has died after an apparent heart attack during a fishing trip near Cedar City.
County Clerk David Yardley says the 63-year-old Webster was at Panguitch Lake with a friend from his Vietnam War service days when he died Thursday.
Yardley was halfway through his first term on the commission.
Fellow Iron County Commissioner Alma Adams tells The Spectrum (http://bit.ly/NVaX1Z) Webster was employed by the Utah Department of Transportation for many years and owned the Cedar City Dairy Queen.
Enoch City Manager Robert Dotson says he'll remember Webster for maintaining a positive attitude even while dealing with difficult issues as a commissioner.
County officials say they're reviewing the procedure for filling Webster's seat.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's...
- Police: Woman found near Goshen died of...
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9