CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Officials say Iron County Commissioner Daniel Webster has died after an apparent heart attack during a fishing trip near Cedar City.
County Clerk David Yardley says the 63-year-old Webster was at Panguitch Lake with a friend from his Vietnam War service days when he died Thursday.
Yardley was halfway through his first term on the commission.
Fellow Iron County Commissioner Alma Adams tells The Spectrum (http://bit.ly/NVaX1Z) Webster was employed by the Utah Department of Transportation for many years and owned the Cedar City Dairy Queen.
Enoch City Manager Robert Dotson says he'll remember Webster for maintaining a positive attitude even while dealing with difficult issues as a commissioner.
County officials say they're reviewing the procedure for filling Webster's seat.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12