CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Officials say Iron County Commissioner Daniel Webster has died after an apparent heart attack during a fishing trip near Cedar City.
County Clerk David Yardley says the 63-year-old Webster was at Panguitch Lake with a friend from his Vietnam War service days when he died Thursday.
Yardley was halfway through his first term on the commission.
Fellow Iron County Commissioner Alma Adams tells The Spectrum (http://bit.ly/NVaX1Z) Webster was employed by the Utah Department of Transportation for many years and owned the Cedar City Dairy Queen.
Enoch City Manager Robert Dotson says he'll remember Webster for maintaining a positive attitude even while dealing with difficult issues as a commissioner.
County officials say they're reviewing the procedure for filling Webster's seat.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 35
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 10