CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Officials say Iron County Commissioner Daniel Webster has died after an apparent heart attack during a fishing trip near Cedar City.
County Clerk David Yardley says the 63-year-old Webster was at Panguitch Lake with a friend from his Vietnam War service days when he died Thursday.
Yardley was halfway through his first term on the commission.
Fellow Iron County Commissioner Alma Adams tells The Spectrum (http://bit.ly/NVaX1Z) Webster was employed by the Utah Department of Transportation for many years and owned the Cedar City Dairy Queen.
Enoch City Manager Robert Dotson says he'll remember Webster for maintaining a positive attitude even while dealing with difficult issues as a commissioner.
County officials say they're reviewing the procedure for filling Webster's seat.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 33
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11