CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Officials say Iron County Commissioner Daniel Webster has died after an apparent heart attack during a fishing trip near Cedar City.
County Clerk David Yardley says the 63-year-old Webster was at Panguitch Lake with a friend from his Vietnam War service days when he died Thursday.
Yardley was halfway through his first term on the commission.
Fellow Iron County Commissioner Alma Adams tells The Spectrum (http://bit.ly/NVaX1Z) Webster was employed by the Utah Department of Transportation for many years and owned the Cedar City Dairy Queen.
Enoch City Manager Robert Dotson says he'll remember Webster for maintaining a positive attitude even while dealing with difficult issues as a commissioner.
County officials say they're reviewing the procedure for filling Webster's seat.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15