Carlo Allegri, file, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Talk about product placement: Target is releasing an episodic series of short films starring Kristen Bell and Nia Long and everything on-screen is for sale.
The company unveiled the three episodes of "Falling for You" on Thursday at a private event at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles.
Bell plays an advertising exec and Long is her boss in "Falling for You." Zachary Abel plays Bell's rival — and potential love interest — in the series, wherein online viewers can click on any item on-screen and add it to their shopping carts, from fashion to housewares.
"It's a very exciting concept," Bell said. "It felt very fluid. A lot of it is just showing things in their natural habitat. I felt like it was more natural than a product-placement situation (on a film set)."
More than 100 products are featured in the three-episode arc. "Falling for You" will begin airing Oct. 2 and the products featured will be available until Nov. 1.
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen is on Twitter: www.twitter.com/APSandy .
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M but...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- Book review: Debut novel 'Transparent' offers...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M... 3
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew... 1
- Turning the corner? E-book revenue... 1
- ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness'... 1