David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- The pipes are calling: Salt Lake Methodist...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 123
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 78
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 53
- Space and religion: How believers view... 23
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 14
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10