David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- RootsTech presenter shares tips for using...
- Religious freedom essential for free,...
- Sports presenter joins British news show with...
- Larry King interviews Lindsey Stirling about...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 28
- Taylor Halverson: Finding the first use... 20
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 13
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 12
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8