David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 81
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 54
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20