David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- 'Did great-grandpa know Joseph Smith?' New...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out of...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Video of world's largest live Nativity...
- Elder Ballard shares gentle counsel on...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 47
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert... 10
- Video of world's largest live Nativity... 9
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- LDS young man makes lasting impression... 7
- Hamblin & Peterson: Who were the 'wise... 6
- 'Wrestling with God': How much does... 5