David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 44
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 9
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8