David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Lindsey Stirling responds to modesty...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: A Mormon, a Muslim and a...
- Nothing else they would rather do: Couple has...
- LDS Church leaders, missionary couple offer...
- 6 lies early returned missionaries tell...
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Defending the Faith: Much left to... 178
- 6 lies early returned missionaries tell... 110
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 69
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 49
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 34
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: A Mormon, a Muslim... 31
- Is it heresy for Baptists to baptize a... 24