David Karp, Associated Press
Our take: According to Laren Markoe of Religion News Service, President Barak Obama outlined his doctrine on religion during his speech Tuesday before the United Nations General Assembly.
"President Obama on Tuesday Sept. 25 gave a forceful speech at the United Nations, in which he challenged much of the world's assumptions about free speech and religion."
Five points from his address add up to as close to an Obama Doctrine on Religion as people have seen, the article asserts.
Obama's five points:
Blasphemy must be tolerated, however intolerable
Religious respect is a two-way street
Turn the other cheek
Our nation under God
The danger of extremism
Read more on Obama's speech at the UN.
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Dating coaches address LDS singles' concerns
- Mormon father, son say horror genre isn't...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- LDS Church provides food, other aid to...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 63
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 43
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 23
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 23
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 18