WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will unveil the Chinese Heritage Gate at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center with a community celebration of Chinese tradition.
The unveiling will take place Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. at 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public.
The gate is a symbol of the sister city relationship between West Valley City and Nantou, Taiwan.
In addition to the public celebration, two complementary exhibits — The Beauty of Nantou 2012 and Why Taiwan Matters — have been installed at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center showcasing artwork from Taiwan.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13