WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will unveil the Chinese Heritage Gate at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center with a community celebration of Chinese tradition.
The unveiling will take place Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. at 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public.
The gate is a symbol of the sister city relationship between West Valley City and Nantou, Taiwan.
In addition to the public celebration, two complementary exhibits — The Beauty of Nantou 2012 and Why Taiwan Matters — have been installed at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center showcasing artwork from Taiwan.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8