WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will unveil the Chinese Heritage Gate at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center with a community celebration of Chinese tradition.
The unveiling will take place Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. at 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public.
The gate is a symbol of the sister city relationship between West Valley City and Nantou, Taiwan.
In addition to the public celebration, two complementary exhibits — The Beauty of Nantou 2012 and Why Taiwan Matters — have been installed at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center showcasing artwork from Taiwan.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 12