WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will unveil the Chinese Heritage Gate at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center with a community celebration of Chinese tradition.
The unveiling will take place Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. at 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public.
The gate is a symbol of the sister city relationship between West Valley City and Nantou, Taiwan.
In addition to the public celebration, two complementary exhibits — The Beauty of Nantou 2012 and Why Taiwan Matters — have been installed at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center showcasing artwork from Taiwan.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 96
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18