WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will unveil the Chinese Heritage Gate at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center with a community celebration of Chinese tradition.
The unveiling will take place Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. at 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public.
The gate is a symbol of the sister city relationship between West Valley City and Nantou, Taiwan.
In addition to the public celebration, two complementary exhibits — The Beauty of Nantou 2012 and Why Taiwan Matters — have been installed at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center showcasing artwork from Taiwan.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14