Carolyn Kaster, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In a well planned and coordinated attack, al-Qaida stormed our embassies and consulates in Egypt and Libya on Sept. 11, 2012, under the cover of an old YouTube video. They kidnapped Ambassador Christopher Stevens, tortured him then assassinated him along with three other American workers.
Obama's response was to condemn the attack and once again apologize. In 1986, President Ronald Reagan bombed Libya for their role in the attack on a Berlin discotheque. Yet our president continues to kowtow to the Muslim world by ignoring all the evidence and naively blaming the attacks on the video.
Obama's foreign policy, especially as it relates to the Muslim world, is a failure, much like his economic policy here at home. Yet Al Forsyth ("Romney's disgrace," Readers' Forum, Sept. 17) calls Romney's response to Obama's apology and non-response "disgraceful." If anyone is disgraceful, it is Obama and his epic failure of a meaningful response to the attack of our embassies on sovereign soil and murders of Stevens and three Americans.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35