The other day, I saw a cartoon that was a spoof of Mitt Romney's wealth and the things he is able to do with it — such as expensive vacations, ritzy cars, etc. What it didn't portray, or say in any way, is that he spends his own money that he has earned in an honest way. Nothing was suggested about all the expensive vacations the Obamas have taken during the past three years using our tax dollars.
There is nothing wrong with being wealthy, as long as it is earned honestly and honorably. That is the wonderful thing about the free market, capitalistic system our forefathers designed for us.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24