The other day, I saw a cartoon that was a spoof of Mitt Romney's wealth and the things he is able to do with it — such as expensive vacations, ritzy cars, etc. What it didn't portray, or say in any way, is that he spends his own money that he has earned in an honest way. Nothing was suggested about all the expensive vacations the Obamas have taken during the past three years using our tax dollars.
There is nothing wrong with being wealthy, as long as it is earned honestly and honorably. That is the wonderful thing about the free market, capitalistic system our forefathers designed for us.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 43
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36