The other day, I saw a cartoon that was a spoof of Mitt Romney's wealth and the things he is able to do with it — such as expensive vacations, ritzy cars, etc. What it didn't portray, or say in any way, is that he spends his own money that he has earned in an honest way. Nothing was suggested about all the expensive vacations the Obamas have taken during the past three years using our tax dollars.
There is nothing wrong with being wealthy, as long as it is earned honestly and honorably. That is the wonderful thing about the free market, capitalistic system our forefathers designed for us.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28