Letter: Politicians should live in the district they are campaigning for to properly represent it
Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I have watched with interest the campaign between Mia Love and Jim Matheson, several questions come to mind. Is it true that Matheson does not live in the district he is to represent? If he does not, does that mean he cannot vote for himself?
How is it possible to represent a district in which you do not live? Wouldn't that open a door in an election for anyone to represent a district in which they once lived but are not currently living?
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- What will Obama's legacy be?
- My View: Children need mother and father
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Letter: Public education