Letter: Politicians should live in the district they are campaigning for to properly represent it
Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I have watched with interest the campaign between Mia Love and Jim Matheson, several questions come to mind. Is it true that Matheson does not live in the district he is to represent? If he does not, does that mean he cannot vote for himself?
How is it possible to represent a district in which you do not live? Wouldn't that open a door in an election for anyone to represent a district in which they once lived but are not currently living?
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- Richard Davis: Airlines should do more for...
- Letters: Federal encroachment
- My view: People deserve rights at our borders
- Michael Gerson: Reinvigorating the GOP will...
- Letters: Ending debt
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons