Letter: Politicians should live in the district they are campaigning for to properly represent it
Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I have watched with interest the campaign between Mia Love and Jim Matheson, several questions come to mind. Is it true that Matheson does not live in the district he is to represent? If he does not, does that mean he cannot vote for himself?
How is it possible to represent a district in which you do not live? Wouldn't that open a door in an election for anyone to represent a district in which they once lived but are not currently living?
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family