Letter: Politicians should live in the district they are campaigning for to properly represent it
Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I have watched with interest the campaign between Mia Love and Jim Matheson, several questions come to mind. Is it true that Matheson does not live in the district he is to represent? If he does not, does that mean he cannot vote for himself?
How is it possible to represent a district in which you do not live? Wouldn't that open a door in an election for anyone to represent a district in which they once lived but are not currently living?
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day