Ken Hansen, Deseret News
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The Spokane Fire Department says a fire at a Mormon church was arson.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer says an accelerant of some sort was used to set fire Tuesday afternoon to a sign on the back of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the city's north side.
Firefighters put out the flames before they reached the roof.
One church member, Ron Anderson, told The Spokesman-Review the brick building has been the target of vandalism in the past, including broken windows and graffiti.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5