Ken Hansen, Deseret News
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The Spokane Fire Department says a fire at a Mormon church was arson.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer says an accelerant of some sort was used to set fire Tuesday afternoon to a sign on the back of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the city's north side.
Firefighters put out the flames before they reached the roof.
One church member, Ron Anderson, told The Spokesman-Review the brick building has been the target of vandalism in the past, including broken windows and graffiti.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3