Ken Hansen, Deseret News
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The Spokane Fire Department says a fire at a Mormon church was arson.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer says an accelerant of some sort was used to set fire Tuesday afternoon to a sign on the back of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the city's north side.
Firefighters put out the flames before they reached the roof.
One church member, Ron Anderson, told The Spokesman-Review the brick building has been the target of vandalism in the past, including broken windows and graffiti.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3