Ken Hansen, Deseret News
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The Spokane Fire Department says a fire at a Mormon church was arson.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer says an accelerant of some sort was used to set fire Tuesday afternoon to a sign on the back of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the city's north side.
Firefighters put out the flames before they reached the roof.
One church member, Ron Anderson, told The Spokesman-Review the brick building has been the target of vandalism in the past, including broken windows and graffiti.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3