While the grill heats up, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and keep warm.
Place grape tomatoes on a double piece of foil. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Enclose the tomatoes in the foil and place on the grill while you prepare the other vegetables.
Use a serrated knife to cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Slice the red onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut the red pepper into eighths.
Place all vegetables on a sided baking sheet. Brush both sides of vegetables with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil (using more if needed), sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper and salt-free seasoning.
Place all the vegetables on the grill and grill about 5 minutes on each side or until they are tender. They should have nice grill marks on each side. If some vegetables get done before the others, move them to a cooler part of the grill.
Check the grape tomatoes; they should have burst open in the foil packet and be nice and juicy.
Remove all the vegetables from the grill. Cut the eggplant, zucchini and red pepper into 1-inch pieces. Separate the red onion into rings.
In a large serving bowl, toss the hot pasta with the grilled vegetables. Add the tomatoes with all the juices and toss to coat. If the mixture seems too dry, drizzle with some of the reserved pasta water or use a bit more olive oil. Add the mozzarella and toss again. Serve in pasta bowls garnished with basil or oregano.
— from and tested by Susan M. Selasky in the Free Press Test Kitchen
Nutritional information (per serving): 534 calories (34 percent from fat), 20 grams fat (5 grams sat. fat), 69 grams carbohydrates, 21 grams protein, 863 mg sodium, 30 mg cholesterol, 11 grams fiber
Dist. by MCT Information Services
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- 11 Seussian quotations to celebrate Dr....
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Doug's Take: 'McFarland, USA' is a movie...
- ‘Big Hero 6,’ ‘Feast’...
- 5 recent novels based on narratives found...
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live'
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on... 13
- Doug's Take: 'McFarland, USA' is a... 5
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live' 5
- Pacifica Institute Utah hosts 'Love is... 3
- ‘Big Hero 6,’... 2
- Leonard Nimoy leaves legacy beyond... 1
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner... 1
- 5 recent novels based on narratives... 1