1. Jordan (5-0)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Copper Hills, 56-0. Outlook: Following an unbelievably easy win over Copper Hills, the 'Diggers turn their attention toward nationally ranked St. John Bosco this weekend. Next up: vs. St. John Bosco, Calif., Saturday, at Rio Tinto Stadium.
2. East (5-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Clearfield, 47-0. Outlook: Hosts Cyprus in what should be an easy victory this weekend before difficult three-game road stretch at Bountiful, Highland and Logan to end season. Next up: vs. Cyprus, Friday.
3. Alta (5-1)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Brighton, 48-31. Outlook: Defense has allowed 30-plus points the past two games, which could be a problem against Don Bosco this weekend. Next up: vs. Don Bosco, N.J., Saturday, at Rio Tinto Stadium.
4. Syracuse (6-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Layton, 31-0. Outlook: Region 1 title is realistically up for grabs this Friday when the Titans visit fellow unbeaten Region 1 foe Northridge. Next up: at Northridge, Friday.
5. Bingham (5-1)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Riverton, 42-16. Outlook: Travels to Lone Peak for KJZZ game of the week this Thursday, a game that will likely determine Region 4 title. Next up: at Lone Peak, Thursday.
6. Northridge (6-0)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Weber, 27-3. Outlook: Northridge's high-flying offense will face its toughest test of the season against undefeated Syracuse. Next up: vs. Syracuse, Friday.
7. Timpview (5-1)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Timpanogos, 38-13. Outlook: A year ago Timpview struggled through early portion of Region 8 slate, but this season the T-Birds are dominating. Next up: vs. Orem, Friday.
8. Logan (5-1)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Roy, 30-23. Outlook: Survived a major scare last week against Roy as QB Luke Falk had a monster game passing. Next up: at Sky View, Friday.
9. Hurricane (6-0)
Was: 10. Last week: Beat Snow Canyon, 38-7. Outlook: The 1-2 punch of Jared Edwards and Adam Thompson is becoming increasingly more and more difficult to slow down. Next up: at Pine View, Friday.
10. Brighton (5-1)
Was: 9. Last week: Lost to Alta, 48-31. Outlook: Its secondary got torched in the second half against rival Alta last week as the Bengals dropped their first game of the season. Next up: vs. Cottonwood, Friday.
11. Woods Cross (5-1)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat Cyprus, 54-7. Outlook: Offense got back on track in a big way last week in a very easy victory over Cyprus. Next up: vs. Highland, Friday.
12. Bountiful (5-1)
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24