1. Jordan (5-0)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Copper Hills, 56-0. Outlook: Following an unbelievably easy win over Copper Hills, the 'Diggers turn their attention toward nationally ranked St. John Bosco this weekend. Next up: vs. St. John Bosco, Calif., Saturday, at Rio Tinto Stadium.
2. East (5-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Clearfield, 47-0. Outlook: Hosts Cyprus in what should be an easy victory this weekend before difficult three-game road stretch at Bountiful, Highland and Logan to end season. Next up: vs. Cyprus, Friday.
3. Alta (5-1)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Brighton, 48-31. Outlook: Defense has allowed 30-plus points the past two games, which could be a problem against Don Bosco this weekend. Next up: vs. Don Bosco, N.J., Saturday, at Rio Tinto Stadium.
4. Syracuse (6-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Layton, 31-0. Outlook: Region 1 title is realistically up for grabs this Friday when the Titans visit fellow unbeaten Region 1 foe Northridge. Next up: at Northridge, Friday.
5. Bingham (5-1)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Riverton, 42-16. Outlook: Travels to Lone Peak for KJZZ game of the week this Thursday, a game that will likely determine Region 4 title. Next up: at Lone Peak, Thursday.
6. Northridge (6-0)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Weber, 27-3. Outlook: Northridge's high-flying offense will face its toughest test of the season against undefeated Syracuse. Next up: vs. Syracuse, Friday.
7. Timpview (5-1)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Timpanogos, 38-13. Outlook: A year ago Timpview struggled through early portion of Region 8 slate, but this season the T-Birds are dominating. Next up: vs. Orem, Friday.
8. Logan (5-1)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Roy, 30-23. Outlook: Survived a major scare last week against Roy as QB Luke Falk had a monster game passing. Next up: at Sky View, Friday.
9. Hurricane (6-0)
Was: 10. Last week: Beat Snow Canyon, 38-7. Outlook: The 1-2 punch of Jared Edwards and Adam Thompson is becoming increasingly more and more difficult to slow down. Next up: at Pine View, Friday.
10. Brighton (5-1)
Was: 9. Last week: Lost to Alta, 48-31. Outlook: Its secondary got torched in the second half against rival Alta last week as the Bengals dropped their first game of the season. Next up: vs. Cottonwood, Friday.
11. Woods Cross (5-1)
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Real Salt Lake: RSL's quest to win MLS Cup...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce back to...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 28
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27