Our Take: Despite a dismal offensive performance (and thanks to stellar play on defense), BYU's game against Boise State came down to a failed 2-point conversion attempt. Yahoo's Graham Watson examines the video evidence and gives this analysis:
My personal opinion? It was a bad decision. You have the momentum, but no timeouts. Take the tie and take the momentum into overtime. The BYU defense was playing well enough to preserve the tie in the final minutes of regulation and that also would have given BYU quarterback Taysom Hill a chance to settle down after the big score and ready for the next drive.
What You May Have Missed
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39