Yahoo blog Dr. Saturday wonders whether BYU made the right call vs. Boise State
Our Take: Despite a dismal offensive performance (and thanks to stellar play on defense), BYU's game against Boise State came down to a failed 2-point conversion attempt. Yahoo's Graham Watson examines the video evidence and gives this analysis:
My personal opinion? It was a bad decision. You have the momentum, but no timeouts. Take the tie and take the momentum into overtime. The BYU defense was playing well enough to preserve the tie in the final minutes of regulation and that also would have given BYU quarterback Taysom Hill a chance to settle down after the big score and ready for the next drive.
What You May Have Missed
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- Options the Jazz should consider before...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 265
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 111
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 63
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 28
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 27
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 20