Yahoo blog Dr. Saturday wonders whether BYU made the right call vs. Boise State
Our Take: Despite a dismal offensive performance (and thanks to stellar play on defense), BYU's game against Boise State came down to a failed 2-point conversion attempt. Yahoo's Graham Watson examines the video evidence and gives this analysis:
My personal opinion? It was a bad decision. You have the momentum, but no timeouts. Take the tie and take the momentum into overtime. The BYU defense was playing well enough to preserve the tie in the final minutes of regulation and that also would have given BYU quarterback Taysom Hill a chance to settle down after the big score and ready for the next drive.
What You May Have Missed
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 73
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35