Yahoo blog Dr. Saturday wonders whether BYU made the right call vs. Boise State
Our Take: Despite a dismal offensive performance (and thanks to stellar play on defense), BYU's game against Boise State came down to a failed 2-point conversion attempt. Yahoo's Graham Watson examines the video evidence and gives this analysis:
My personal opinion? It was a bad decision. You have the momentum, but no timeouts. Take the tie and take the momentum into overtime. The BYU defense was playing well enough to preserve the tie in the final minutes of regulation and that also would have given BYU quarterback Taysom Hill a chance to settle down after the big score and ready for the next drive.
What You May Have Missed
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28