Protest organizer Kamil Hussain urged the U.S. to ban "Innocence of Muslims" and remove it from YouTube, saying "insulting a religious leader is not freedom of speech."
A small protest also took place in northern Nigeria, where hundreds of Muslims marched peacefully through the streets of the city of Kaduna. Demonstrators scrawled graffiti on walls reading: "Death to the Americans, Death to the Israelites."
Demonstrations in Nigeria, a nation largely split between a Christian south and a Muslim north, have been peaceful, though one protest was broken up by soldiers firing into the air.
In Lebanon, a military prosecutor indicted 45 people related to attacks on policemen and a KFC restaurant during protests against the film, judicial authorities said.
On Sept. 14, security forces opened fire in the northern city of Tripoli, killing one person and wounding 25 after a crowd attacked the KFC and a Hardee's restaurant.
Prosecutor Saqr Saqr charged the 45 on accusations including attacking policemen, damaging security vehicles and burning a restaurant, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations. Since one person was killed in the incident, some of the accused could get life in prison, if convicted.
In Sweden, an appeals court acquitted three men accused of plotting to murder a Swedish artist who had depicted the Prophet Muhammad as a dog. Upholding a lower court's ruling, the appeals court in Goteborg said Monday there was no conclusive evidence that the three men of Iraqi and Somali origin had planned to kill Lars Vilks in September last year.
The men were carrying knives when they were arrested after inquiring about Vilks at an art exhibition where he had been expected to appear but did not do so. Vilks lives under police protection after his 2007 drawing led to death threats from militant Islamists.
Associated Press writer Asif Shahzad in Islamabad and reporters in Nigeria, Iran, Lebanon and Sri Lanka contributed to this report.
- Co-pilot who reportedly crashed plane into...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't seek...
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped email...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- The Latest: Hospital says it evaluated...
- 'Downton Abbey' to end after upcoming 6th season
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 52
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz targets... 44
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 30
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot... 27
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 26
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Preparing for 2016 campaign, Hillary... 17