MISSOULA, Mont. — The Weber State University women's soccer team dropped its second match of Big Sky Conference action, falling 1-0 to Montana at South Campus Stadium on Sunday.
The Grizzlies scored the match-winner in the 17th minute when Lauren Costa headed in a corner kick from Mary Makris just inside the far post.
Montana finished with a 6-4 advantage in shots on goal across the 90 minute match.
The Wildcats return to action on Friday afternoon when they host Northern Arizona at 3 p.m.
UVU SOCCER: At Seattle, Utah Valley University's women's soccer team dropped a 4-2 decision at Seattle University on Sunday. Regan Benson scored her team-leading fourth goal while freshman Kali Stubbs recorded her first career goal in the second half.
The loss dropped the Wolverines to 1-8-1 while Seattle improved to 5-5 on the year, including 4-1 at home on Championship Field.
The Wolverines will return to Utah to play the fourth of six straight away games on Thursday, at 12th-ranked BYU. The match is scheduled for 7 p.m. and will air live on BYU TV.
UTAH STATE SOCCER: At Logan, senior defender Natalie Norris drilled a penalty kick in the second half on her birthday to help lead Utah State soccer to a hard-fought 1-1 double overtime tie against Wyoming at Chuck and Gloria Bell Field on Sunday.
The 1-1 draw was the Aggies' third of the season and fourth draw overall. Utah State is now 5-2-4 overall, while the Cowgirls are 7-3-1 this season. The Aggies have tied in three of their last four matches with their last win coming on Sept. 7 against Eastern Washington, 1-0.
In the first half, Utah State out-shot the Cowgirls, 12-5, but it was Wyoming that got on the board first. In the 35th minute, Lucie McDowell scored her team-leading fifth goal of the season with a header from six yards out. McDowell took passes from Liz O'Reilly and Sara Paul to give Wyoming the 1-0 lead.
Utah State's was Mari Miyashiro was fouled inside the box for a penalty kick in the 74th minute. The birthday girl, Norris, came through and tied the score, getting the ball past Wyoming goalkeeper Courtney Merkle.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32