BYU football: Cougars scheduled to play Middle Tennessee State
PROVO — BYU and Middle Tennessee State have agreed to a home-and-home deal, according to The Tennessean.
The newspaper report said the Cougars and Blue Raiders will meet in 2013 in Provo, then play again in 2014 in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
BYU has not officially announced the series with MTSU, which is a member of the Sun Belt Conference.
MTSU athletic director Chris Massaro told the Tennessean, "When (BYU) went independent (after being in the Mountain West Conference), they were looking for games, and I've always thought they had a national following. So I am very excited about that home-and-home series."
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 90
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 38
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30