PROVO — BYU and Middle Tennessee State have agreed to a home-and-home deal, according to The Tennessean.
The newspaper report said the Cougars and Blue Raiders will meet in 2013 in Provo, then play again in 2014 in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
BYU has not officially announced the series with MTSU, which is a member of the Sun Belt Conference.
MTSU athletic director Chris Massaro told the Tennessean, "When (BYU) went independent (after being in the Mountain West Conference), they were looking for games, and I've always thought they had a national following. So I am very excited about that home-and-home series."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34