Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Ben McAdams can and will make a difference as Salt Lake County mayor. His track record speaks for itself.
In 2011 alone, McAdams passed 11 bills in the Utah state Legislature. To say that he is proactive is an understatement. The most unique quality of McAdams is his ability to work across party lines to do what is right. Being able to overlook political affiliation is a rare gift.
When a candidate with such unique qualities is running for office, you must grasp the opportunity with both hands. The word coalition is used often by McAdams and describes his actions and intent in every sense of the word. McAdams is supported by members of both the Democratic and Republican parties as well as Independents. His supporters include six Republican mayors from across the valley who formed the Republicans for Ben McAdams Committee.
When the opposing party goes out of their way to show their support, you know that candidate must be pretty remarkable.
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Letter: Human body
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 93
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 61
- Letter: Human body 37
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 13
- Letter: Transportation component 11
- My view: Obama has you cornered with... 9