Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Ben McAdams can and will make a difference as Salt Lake County mayor. His track record speaks for itself.
In 2011 alone, McAdams passed 11 bills in the Utah state Legislature. To say that he is proactive is an understatement. The most unique quality of McAdams is his ability to work across party lines to do what is right. Being able to overlook political affiliation is a rare gift.
When a candidate with such unique qualities is running for office, you must grasp the opportunity with both hands. The word coalition is used often by McAdams and describes his actions and intent in every sense of the word. McAdams is supported by members of both the Democratic and Republican parties as well as Independents. His supporters include six Republican mayors from across the valley who formed the Republicans for Ben McAdams Committee.
When the opposing party goes out of their way to show their support, you know that candidate must be pretty remarkable.
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Letter: Political police work
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Letter: Same stale air
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 93
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 39
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in... 24