Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Ben McAdams can and will make a difference as Salt Lake County mayor. His track record speaks for itself.
In 2011 alone, McAdams passed 11 bills in the Utah state Legislature. To say that he is proactive is an understatement. The most unique quality of McAdams is his ability to work across party lines to do what is right. Being able to overlook political affiliation is a rare gift.
When a candidate with such unique qualities is running for office, you must grasp the opportunity with both hands. The word coalition is used often by McAdams and describes his actions and intent in every sense of the word. McAdams is supported by members of both the Democratic and Republican parties as well as Independents. His supporters include six Republican mayors from across the valley who formed the Republicans for Ben McAdams Committee.
When the opposing party goes out of their way to show their support, you know that candidate must be pretty remarkable.
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- My view: They run toward danger
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- In our opinion: National security and... 70
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 48
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 16