Letter: Agenda must change going forward because elected representatives are ignorant to our freedoms
Ed Andrieski, AP
Our wonderful democratic government allows us the privilege and freedom to vote for whom we choose. Ironically, once we elect our representatives, they pass laws that take away certain freedoms we once enjoyed. The bureaucracies they form decide what we can do and what we can't do. They even tell us what we have to do, or else.
They take away some of our money (through taxes) and say we have to give money over here and over there, whether we agree with it or not. Of course that money shrinks as it goes through Washington. They even take money that we don't have (defined as deficit spending) and place us into debt.
Our representatives say that they do this for the benefit of the country, but in reality, they just want praise and credit for taking care of us and to get re-elected. But we will all lose in the long run if this agenda continues.
Kim A. Skinner
- 10 children's movies with rumored political...
- My view: SB54 will politically and culturally...
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 59
- Letter: End daylight saving time 40
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 31
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27