Letter: Agenda must change going forward because elected representatives are ignorant to our freedoms
Ed Andrieski, AP
Our wonderful democratic government allows us the privilege and freedom to vote for whom we choose. Ironically, once we elect our representatives, they pass laws that take away certain freedoms we once enjoyed. The bureaucracies they form decide what we can do and what we can't do. They even tell us what we have to do, or else.
They take away some of our money (through taxes) and say we have to give money over here and over there, whether we agree with it or not. Of course that money shrinks as it goes through Washington. They even take money that we don't have (defined as deficit spending) and place us into debt.
Our representatives say that they do this for the benefit of the country, but in reality, they just want praise and credit for taking care of us and to get re-elected. But we will all lose in the long run if this agenda continues.
Kim A. Skinner
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20