Letter: Agenda must change going forward because elected representatives are ignorant to our freedoms
Ed Andrieski, AP
Our wonderful democratic government allows us the privilege and freedom to vote for whom we choose. Ironically, once we elect our representatives, they pass laws that take away certain freedoms we once enjoyed. The bureaucracies they form decide what we can do and what we can't do. They even tell us what we have to do, or else.
They take away some of our money (through taxes) and say we have to give money over here and over there, whether we agree with it or not. Of course that money shrinks as it goes through Washington. They even take money that we don't have (defined as deficit spending) and place us into debt.
Our representatives say that they do this for the benefit of the country, but in reality, they just want praise and credit for taking care of us and to get re-elected. But we will all lose in the long run if this agenda continues.
Kim A. Skinner
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 34
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28