Letter: Agenda must change going forward because elected representatives are ignorant to our freedoms
Ed Andrieski, AP
Our wonderful democratic government allows us the privilege and freedom to vote for whom we choose. Ironically, once we elect our representatives, they pass laws that take away certain freedoms we once enjoyed. The bureaucracies they form decide what we can do and what we can't do. They even tell us what we have to do, or else.
They take away some of our money (through taxes) and say we have to give money over here and over there, whether we agree with it or not. Of course that money shrinks as it goes through Washington. They even take money that we don't have (defined as deficit spending) and place us into debt.
Our representatives say that they do this for the benefit of the country, but in reality, they just want praise and credit for taking care of us and to get re-elected. But we will all lose in the long run if this agenda continues.
Kim A. Skinner
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system... 20