Letter: Agenda must change going forward because elected representatives are ignorant to our freedoms
Ed Andrieski, AP
Our wonderful democratic government allows us the privilege and freedom to vote for whom we choose. Ironically, once we elect our representatives, they pass laws that take away certain freedoms we once enjoyed. The bureaucracies they form decide what we can do and what we can't do. They even tell us what we have to do, or else.
They take away some of our money (through taxes) and say we have to give money over here and over there, whether we agree with it or not. Of course that money shrinks as it goes through Washington. They even take money that we don't have (defined as deficit spending) and place us into debt.
Our representatives say that they do this for the benefit of the country, but in reality, they just want praise and credit for taking care of us and to get re-elected. But we will all lose in the long run if this agenda continues.
Kim A. Skinner
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 31
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30