Letter: Agenda must change going forward because elected representatives are ignorant to our freedoms
Ed Andrieski, AP
Our wonderful democratic government allows us the privilege and freedom to vote for whom we choose. Ironically, once we elect our representatives, they pass laws that take away certain freedoms we once enjoyed. The bureaucracies they form decide what we can do and what we can't do. They even tell us what we have to do, or else.
They take away some of our money (through taxes) and say we have to give money over here and over there, whether we agree with it or not. Of course that money shrinks as it goes through Washington. They even take money that we don't have (defined as deficit spending) and place us into debt.
Our representatives say that they do this for the benefit of the country, but in reality, they just want praise and credit for taking care of us and to get re-elected. But we will all lose in the long run if this agenda continues.
Kim A. Skinner
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 17
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 12
- Is it time for our first woman president? 11