Brad Rock: Utah Utes football: Fire forces media to evacuate
Tom Smart, Deseret News
TEMPE, Ariz. — No fireworks for the Utes.
But there was a fire.
In Utah's 37-7 loss to Arizona State, Saturday, the lone spark occurred in the press box. As the game was ending, an alarm sounded. Shortly after, team officials informed the media that the facility needed to be evacuated.
ASU publicity personnel said smoke caused by a small fire in the catering equipment set the alarms going. Media members were allowed to return after about 15 minutes.
No one was injured and no damage was reported at press time.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 61
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 40
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 30
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 24