Brad Rock: Utah Utes football: Fire forces media to evacuate
Tom Smart, Deseret News
TEMPE, Ariz. — No fireworks for the Utes.
But there was a fire.
In Utah's 37-7 loss to Arizona State, Saturday, the lone spark occurred in the press box. As the game was ending, an alarm sounded. Shortly after, team officials informed the media that the facility needed to be evacuated.
ASU publicity personnel said smoke caused by a small fire in the catering equipment set the alarms going. Media members were allowed to return after about 15 minutes.
No one was injured and no damage was reported at press time.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13