Brad Rock: Utah Utes football: Fire forces media to evacuate
Tom Smart, Deseret News
TEMPE, Ariz. — No fireworks for the Utes.
But there was a fire.
In Utah's 37-7 loss to Arizona State, Saturday, the lone spark occurred in the press box. As the game was ending, an alarm sounded. Shortly after, team officials informed the media that the facility needed to be evacuated.
ASU publicity personnel said smoke caused by a small fire in the catering equipment set the alarms going. Media members were allowed to return after about 15 minutes.
No one was injured and no damage was reported at press time.
- Deseret News Classic: Allie Moore repeats as...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Salt Lake City's Smyth reclaims 10K title,...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24