Brad Rock: Utah Utes football: Fire forces media to evacuate
Tom Smart, Deseret News
TEMPE, Ariz. — No fireworks for the Utes.
But there was a fire.
In Utah's 37-7 loss to Arizona State, Saturday, the lone spark occurred in the press box. As the game was ending, an alarm sounded. Shortly after, team officials informed the media that the facility needed to be evacuated.
ASU publicity personnel said smoke caused by a small fire in the catering equipment set the alarms going. Media members were allowed to return after about 15 minutes.
No one was injured and no damage was reported at press time.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25