BYU football: Boise State's Chris Petersen says he would have gone for 2-point conversion
Our Take: While fans on Twitter and elsewhere lambasted BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall for his decision to attempt a 2-point conversion late in Thursday's 7-6 loss to Boise State, opposing coach Chris Petersen did not share their assessment, as he told Idaho Statesman reporter Chad Cripe:
Here are some additional notes and quotes on Boise States 7-6 defeat of BYU on Thursday night at Bronco Stadium:
(Coach Chris Petersen) On BYUs two-point decision: "I would have done the same thing. I would have been surprised had they not."
Read more about Boise State coach Chris Petersen's reaction to beating BYU on Idaho Statesman.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25