BYU football: Boise State's Chris Petersen says he would have gone for 2-point conversion
Our Take: While fans on Twitter and elsewhere lambasted BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall for his decision to attempt a 2-point conversion late in Thursday's 7-6 loss to Boise State, opposing coach Chris Petersen did not share their assessment, as he told Idaho Statesman reporter Chad Cripe:
Here are some additional notes and quotes on Boise States 7-6 defeat of BYU on Thursday night at Bronco Stadium:
(Coach Chris Petersen) On BYUs two-point decision: "I would have done the same thing. I would have been surprised had they not."
Read more about Boise State coach Chris Petersen's reaction to beating BYU on Idaho Statesman.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes determined to...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 289
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37