The week ended with each of the 60 students in essence making their Broadway debuts. At New York City's Minskoff Theatre, on an evening when "The Lion King" was not being staged, the young performers presented portions of songs from their high school musicals that were combined into unique medleys. The final performance included all of the students in a single musical production that they had rehearsed during the week.
Then a Jimmy was awarded, ranging from Best Performance to Most Improved — and (spoiler alert!) Morley was honored as the Best Ensemble Performer as part of the telecast.
The students will continue their musical theater training, with Lambert enrolled at Brigham Young University, though he is reviewing transferring at some point to a musical theater conservatory program, and Morley studying in the Musical Theater Program at the University of Utah.
"Because I plan to go into musical theater professionally, it was very eye-opening and essential that I learn what it's like and just how perfect you need to get every little thing," Morley said. "And how much you need to work and work. It taught me that I can go beyond what I thought were my limits, until a performance is Broadway-worthy."
For Lambert, participating in the event "solidified my idea of what I want to do. I enjoyed myself so much that week, that it was like, why would I want to do anything else?"
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1