Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
I just saw a political ad for Jim Matheson with his mother. I have two objections to both of them.
First, Jim Matheson doesn't live in the 4th District, the district he is running in. Representing anyone is not on his agenda — winning political office anywhere is.
Second, Norma Matheson was the only Utahn who stood in Arizona with then-President Bill Clinton when he declared the Grand Staircase Escalante a national monument.
The Mathesons are devoted to the Democratic Party, not to Utahns.
Jo Ellen Ashworth
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Fredric Rolando: U.S. Postal Service still...
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts bank...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Letter: We can do better
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 55
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 19
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 17