Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
I just saw a political ad for Jim Matheson with his mother. I have two objections to both of them.
First, Jim Matheson doesn't live in the 4th District, the district he is running in. Representing anyone is not on his agenda — winning political office anywhere is.
Second, Norma Matheson was the only Utahn who stood in Arizona with then-President Bill Clinton when he declared the Grand Staircase Escalante a national monument.
The Mathesons are devoted to the Democratic Party, not to Utahns.
Jo Ellen Ashworth
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- John Hoffmire: To feed the world, we must...
- Letter: Singles solution
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Letter: Protect public lands
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21