Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
I just saw a political ad for Jim Matheson with his mother. I have two objections to both of them.
First, Jim Matheson doesn't live in the 4th District, the district he is running in. Representing anyone is not on his agenda — winning political office anywhere is.
Second, Norma Matheson was the only Utahn who stood in Arizona with then-President Bill Clinton when he declared the Grand Staircase Escalante a national monument.
The Mathesons are devoted to the Democratic Party, not to Utahns.
Jo Ellen Ashworth
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 52
- Letter: Doctors unite 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 27
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 21
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20