Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
I just saw a political ad for Jim Matheson with his mother. I have two objections to both of them.
First, Jim Matheson doesn't live in the 4th District, the district he is running in. Representing anyone is not on his agenda — winning political office anywhere is.
Second, Norma Matheson was the only Utahn who stood in Arizona with then-President Bill Clinton when he declared the Grand Staircase Escalante a national monument.
The Mathesons are devoted to the Democratic Party, not to Utahns.
Jo Ellen Ashworth
- My View: What I learned about air pollution...
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 62
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 47
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 25
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16