Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
I just saw a political ad for Jim Matheson with his mother. I have two objections to both of them.
First, Jim Matheson doesn't live in the 4th District, the district he is running in. Representing anyone is not on his agenda — winning political office anywhere is.
Second, Norma Matheson was the only Utahn who stood in Arizona with then-President Bill Clinton when he declared the Grand Staircase Escalante a national monument.
The Mathesons are devoted to the Democratic Party, not to Utahns.
Jo Ellen Ashworth
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- What will Obama's legacy be?
- My View: Children need mother and father
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Letter: Public education