Achmad Ibrahim, Associated Press
Those who brought death and destruction to our shores on 9/11 do not in any way represent the good, peaceful Muslim people throughout the world. Neither does one Californian who made an offensive movie represent the feelings and attitudes of most Americans.
Go ahead, be angry at that filmmaker if you must. But don't suppose all Americans are as hateful and vindictive as him because we are not — no more than the Muslim community is like those 9/11 attackers. There is no need to attack Americans around the world, for the good we are trying to do, just because of one person.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 54
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20