Achmad Ibrahim, Associated Press
Those who brought death and destruction to our shores on 9/11 do not in any way represent the good, peaceful Muslim people throughout the world. Neither does one Californian who made an offensive movie represent the feelings and attitudes of most Americans.
Go ahead, be angry at that filmmaker if you must. But don't suppose all Americans are as hateful and vindictive as him because we are not — no more than the Muslim community is like those 9/11 attackers. There is no need to attack Americans around the world, for the good we are trying to do, just because of one person.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24