Ravell Call, Deseret News
Going for a two-point conversion was the worst decision ever by BYU. I don't care how many times Bronco Mendenhall defends the play call — it was Vegas-style football. What kills me is the defense, after a whole game of cleaning up after Riley Nelson and heroically keeping things close, had to just sit there and watch Mendenhall throw the game away with a completely unnecessary gamble.
I heard Mendenhall say he'd do it again every time in the future. Yikes. I bet Boise State wouldn't say the same about going for fourth down and three deep on their own side of the field. Both coaches had a touch of arrogance that could and should have cost both of them the game.
Luckily for Boise State, "Bronco's blunder" was the one that lost the game.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 41
- Letter: Breeding hate 38