Ravell Call, Deseret News
Going for a two-point conversion was the worst decision ever by BYU. I don't care how many times Bronco Mendenhall defends the play call — it was Vegas-style football. What kills me is the defense, after a whole game of cleaning up after Riley Nelson and heroically keeping things close, had to just sit there and watch Mendenhall throw the game away with a completely unnecessary gamble.
I heard Mendenhall say he'd do it again every time in the future. Yikes. I bet Boise State wouldn't say the same about going for fourth down and three deep on their own side of the field. Both coaches had a touch of arrogance that could and should have cost both of them the game.
Luckily for Boise State, "Bronco's blunder" was the one that lost the game.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32