Ravell Call, Deseret News
Going for a two-point conversion was the worst decision ever by BYU. I don't care how many times Bronco Mendenhall defends the play call — it was Vegas-style football. What kills me is the defense, after a whole game of cleaning up after Riley Nelson and heroically keeping things close, had to just sit there and watch Mendenhall throw the game away with a completely unnecessary gamble.
I heard Mendenhall say he'd do it again every time in the future. Yikes. I bet Boise State wouldn't say the same about going for fourth down and three deep on their own side of the field. Both coaches had a touch of arrogance that could and should have cost both of them the game.
Luckily for Boise State, "Bronco's blunder" was the one that lost the game.
- My View: What I learned about air pollution...
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 60
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 46
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 19
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 16