Ravell Call, Deseret News
Going for a two-point conversion was the worst decision ever by BYU. I don't care how many times Bronco Mendenhall defends the play call — it was Vegas-style football. What kills me is the defense, after a whole game of cleaning up after Riley Nelson and heroically keeping things close, had to just sit there and watch Mendenhall throw the game away with a completely unnecessary gamble.
I heard Mendenhall say he'd do it again every time in the future. Yikes. I bet Boise State wouldn't say the same about going for fourth down and three deep on their own side of the field. Both coaches had a touch of arrogance that could and should have cost both of them the game.
Luckily for Boise State, "Bronco's blunder" was the one that lost the game.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Federal contracting... 36