Ravell Call, Deseret News
Going for a two-point conversion was the worst decision ever by BYU. I don't care how many times Bronco Mendenhall defends the play call — it was Vegas-style football. What kills me is the defense, after a whole game of cleaning up after Riley Nelson and heroically keeping things close, had to just sit there and watch Mendenhall throw the game away with a completely unnecessary gamble.
I heard Mendenhall say he'd do it again every time in the future. Yikes. I bet Boise State wouldn't say the same about going for fourth down and three deep on their own side of the field. Both coaches had a touch of arrogance that could and should have cost both of them the game.
Luckily for Boise State, "Bronco's blunder" was the one that lost the game.
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21