Ravell Call, Deseret News
Going for a two-point conversion was the worst decision ever by BYU. I don't care how many times Bronco Mendenhall defends the play call — it was Vegas-style football. What kills me is the defense, after a whole game of cleaning up after Riley Nelson and heroically keeping things close, had to just sit there and watch Mendenhall throw the game away with a completely unnecessary gamble.
I heard Mendenhall say he'd do it again every time in the future. Yikes. I bet Boise State wouldn't say the same about going for fourth down and three deep on their own side of the field. Both coaches had a touch of arrogance that could and should have cost both of them the game.
Luckily for Boise State, "Bronco's blunder" was the one that lost the game.
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage...
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- My View: Children need mother and father
- In our opinion: 'If it ain't broke' ...
- Letter: Pulling down signs
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in Middle East
- My view: Let's get Congress working again for...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...