Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Someone once said, "Two looked out through the self-same bars. One sees the mud, the other sees the stars." The Matheson campaign should be ashamed. TV political ads depicting Mia Love as an unattractive African-American are disgraceful. She is a lovely person, a good neighbor, a highly respected mayor of Saratoga Springs and undeserving of the characterization shown.
Jim Matheson says, "I approve of this ad." How sad — disparaging any fellow human being in this manner. But such seems to be politics as usual.
J. Bruce Smart
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: On matters of panhandling or...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Will Putin's gamble...
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- Letter: Putin's invasion
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 36
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 34
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Private political parties 24