Ed Andrieski, Associated Press
Our take: Following Mitt Romney's secretly recorded comments about the "47 percent," a counter video was released of Pres. Obama back in 1998 talking about how he believes in redistribution in the government. Peter Grier, from The Christian Science Monitor explains what redistributing wealth can mean:
"To what extent do US federal taxes redistribute wealth? That's a question that comes up because 'redistribution' is a hot word in American politics at the moment. Republicans in recent days have been brandishing a newly released 1998 tape on which then-state Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois endorses the concept of government redistributing wealth from one group to another.
"I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level, to make sure that everybody's got a shot,' says Mr. Obama on the 14-year old recording."
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby daughter
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be stopped,...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 22
- White House: Holder resigning as... 20
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Congress releases war funds to fight Ebola 9