Ed Andrieski, Associated Press
Our take: Following Mitt Romney's secretly recorded comments about the "47 percent," a counter video was released of Pres. Obama back in 1998 talking about how he believes in redistribution in the government. Peter Grier, from The Christian Science Monitor explains what redistributing wealth can mean:
"To what extent do US federal taxes redistribute wealth? That's a question that comes up because 'redistribution' is a hot word in American politics at the moment. Republicans in recent days have been brandishing a newly released 1998 tape on which then-state Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois endorses the concept of government redistributing wealth from one group to another.
"I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level, to make sure that everybody's got a shot,' says Mr. Obama on the 14-year old recording."
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 26
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 21
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 18