Ed Andrieski, Associated Press
Our take: Following Mitt Romney's secretly recorded comments about the "47 percent," a counter video was released of Pres. Obama back in 1998 talking about how he believes in redistribution in the government. Peter Grier, from The Christian Science Monitor explains what redistributing wealth can mean:
"To what extent do US federal taxes redistribute wealth? That's a question that comes up because 'redistribution' is a hot word in American politics at the moment. Republicans in recent days have been brandishing a newly released 1998 tape on which then-state Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois endorses the concept of government redistributing wealth from one group to another.
"I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level, to make sure that everybody's got a shot,' says Mr. Obama on the 14-year old recording."
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Luck, instinct determined fates of volcano...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed...
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charge
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7