SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a Logan mother that they say falsely claimed her sons were ill to solicit money from family, friends and the public.
Logan police say 25-year-old Celestina Nolasco claimed her 4-year-old and 6-year-old sons suffered from leukemia and other conditions and claimed they were undergoing treatments like chemotherapy and bone-marrow transplants.
Authorities say Nolasco convinced family and friends of the illnesses and posted flyers at local businesses in order to collect money.
Police say Nolasco also had her sons undergo medical treatments they did not need.
She was arrested Thursday on suspicion of child abuse and fraud.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18