I have worked for a small local business for several years, and I am one of the senior employees. I have worked hard, putting in extra time and effort to fill various needs that have come up over the years.
Two months ago I was told I was indispensable, and they didn't know what they would do without me. Today I was told that due to "Obamacare" requirements to provide benefits to any employee working over 32 hours a week, my hours would have to be cut because they could not afford it.
I'm not making much to begin with, and I am already working two jobs. My husband is working one job and working on a graduate degree. We are not living paycheck to paycheck, but there isn't much cash for unexpected expenses. President Barack Obama claims to be trying to help the lower income class workers. This isn't helping.
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 19