I have worked for a small local business for several years, and I am one of the senior employees. I have worked hard, putting in extra time and effort to fill various needs that have come up over the years.
Two months ago I was told I was indispensable, and they didn't know what they would do without me. Today I was told that due to "Obamacare" requirements to provide benefits to any employee working over 32 hours a week, my hours would have to be cut because they could not afford it.
I'm not making much to begin with, and I am already working two jobs. My husband is working one job and working on a graduate degree. We are not living paycheck to paycheck, but there isn't much cash for unexpected expenses. President Barack Obama claims to be trying to help the lower income class workers. This isn't helping.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 28
- President should not act without... 24