I have worked for a small local business for several years, and I am one of the senior employees. I have worked hard, putting in extra time and effort to fill various needs that have come up over the years.
Two months ago I was told I was indispensable, and they didn't know what they would do without me. Today I was told that due to "Obamacare" requirements to provide benefits to any employee working over 32 hours a week, my hours would have to be cut because they could not afford it.
I'm not making much to begin with, and I am already working two jobs. My husband is working one job and working on a graduate degree. We are not living paycheck to paycheck, but there isn't much cash for unexpected expenses. President Barack Obama claims to be trying to help the lower income class workers. This isn't helping.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- In our opinion: Increased on-screen violence...
- John Florez: Have students become pawns for...
- Letter: US dollar
- Letter: Trump's delegate count
- Michael Gerson: The Syrian fire will continue...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 54
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 41
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 36
- My view: Character still matters in... 26
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 23
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 22
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 20