I have worked for a small local business for several years, and I am one of the senior employees. I have worked hard, putting in extra time and effort to fill various needs that have come up over the years.
Two months ago I was told I was indispensable, and they didn't know what they would do without me. Today I was told that due to "Obamacare" requirements to provide benefits to any employee working over 32 hours a week, my hours would have to be cut because they could not afford it.
I'm not making much to begin with, and I am already working two jobs. My husband is working one job and working on a graduate degree. We are not living paycheck to paycheck, but there isn't much cash for unexpected expenses. President Barack Obama claims to be trying to help the lower income class workers. This isn't helping.
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on...
- My view: End Utah taxpayers’ losing streak
- In our opinion: Public financial support for...
- Letter: Shooter's motives
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Letter: Shooter's motives 40
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 32
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 31
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 23