I have worked for a small local business for several years, and I am one of the senior employees. I have worked hard, putting in extra time and effort to fill various needs that have come up over the years.
Two months ago I was told I was indispensable, and they didn't know what they would do without me. Today I was told that due to "Obamacare" requirements to provide benefits to any employee working over 32 hours a week, my hours would have to be cut because they could not afford it.
I'm not making much to begin with, and I am already working two jobs. My husband is working one job and working on a graduate degree. We are not living paycheck to paycheck, but there isn't much cash for unexpected expenses. President Barack Obama claims to be trying to help the lower income class workers. This isn't helping.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Letter: Animals in public places
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18