The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I understand Sen. Orrin Hatch's reluctance to debate his challenger Scott Howell. He's a very busy man, he tells us — too busy to appear before his constituents. Or is it, as senior senator, he's become "senior" enough that he'd rather we not see that his memory and grasp of issues has slipped?
The people of Utah deserve to make a judgement based on a side-by-side comparison.
Marilyn A. Smith
Salt Lake City
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Fredric Rolando: U.S. Postal Service still...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts bank...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 55
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 19
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 17