The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I understand Sen. Orrin Hatch's reluctance to debate his challenger Scott Howell. He's a very busy man, he tells us — too busy to appear before his constituents. Or is it, as senior senator, he's become "senior" enough that he'd rather we not see that his memory and grasp of issues has slipped?
The people of Utah deserve to make a judgement based on a side-by-side comparison.
Marilyn A. Smith
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32