The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I understand Sen. Orrin Hatch's reluctance to debate his challenger Scott Howell. He's a very busy man, he tells us — too busy to appear before his constituents. Or is it, as senior senator, he's become "senior" enough that he'd rather we not see that his memory and grasp of issues has slipped?
The people of Utah deserve to make a judgement based on a side-by-side comparison.
Marilyn A. Smith
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- Letters: Federal encroachment
- My view: People deserve rights at our borders
- Richard Davis: Airlines should do more for...
- Michael Gerson: Reinvigorating the GOP will...
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons
- Timothy R. Clark: Graduation advice for my...
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt 35
- John Florez: Show leadership on... 31
- Letter: Media failure 25
- Letters: Threats justified 25
- Robert Bennett: Sticking to facts is... 23
- My view: People deserve rights at our... 20
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 20
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the... 19