The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I understand Sen. Orrin Hatch's reluctance to debate his challenger Scott Howell. He's a very busy man, he tells us — too busy to appear before his constituents. Or is it, as senior senator, he's become "senior" enough that he'd rather we not see that his memory and grasp of issues has slipped?
The people of Utah deserve to make a judgement based on a side-by-side comparison.
Marilyn A. Smith
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 39
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23