The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I understand Sen. Orrin Hatch's reluctance to debate his challenger Scott Howell. He's a very busy man, he tells us — too busy to appear before his constituents. Or is it, as senior senator, he's become "senior" enough that he'd rather we not see that his memory and grasp of issues has slipped?
The people of Utah deserve to make a judgement based on a side-by-side comparison.
Marilyn A. Smith
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28