"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- George F. Will: Our trivial Congress can grow...
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 110
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 39
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 31
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 31