"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25