"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17