"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- Letter: Drones or privacy
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14