"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 67
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 45
- Letter: Acting on immigration 42
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26