"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26