"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: Government, health care
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15