"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- President should not act without... 28