"The government is the only thing we all belong to," says a recent Barrack Obama ad. There it is, as plain as day, another slogan describing how the left feels about government.
I have never felt I belong to the government. I have, as do most people, felt that the government is there to guarantee my freedom and my constitutional rights. Obama believes that the government is there to redistribute wealth and opportunity and that sums up his philosophy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Obama refuses to acknowledge the truth and that our rights are God-given: We are "endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, and they are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," as our Declaration of Independence so clearly states.
Art J. VanTielen
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- George F. Will: Regulatory overkill —...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 34
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial... 25