1. Jordan (4-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Alta, 36-24. Outlook: Showed off offensive versatility with dominant rush attack in first victory over Alta in six years. Next up: vs. Copper Hills, Friday.
2. East (4-0)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Woods Cross, 28-7. Outlook: Great defense has helped East overcome some fumble problems, but it will need to clean those up with some tough region games upcoming. Next up: vs. Clearfield, Friday.
3. Alta (4-1)
Was: 2. Last week: Lost to Jordan, 36-24. Outlook: An inability to run the football the past two weeks has made Alta pretty one-dimensional, with QB Chipper Lucero attempting 88 total passes. Next up: vs. Brighton, Friday.
4. Syracuse (5-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Davis, 28-14. Outlook: Opened Region 1 play with a solid victory over Davis, its first win over the Darts since 2008. Next up: vs. Layton, Friday.
5. Bingham (4-1)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Cottonwood, 34-14. Outlook: Has quietly gone about its business since Alta loss, and heads to Region 4 play this week as the clear-cut team to beat. Next up: vs. Riverton, Friday.
6. Northridge (5-0)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Fremont, 42-18. Outlook: Four different players scored touchdowns last week, balance that has made Northridge very difficult to stop this year. Next up: at Weber, Friday.
7. Timpview (4-1)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Maple Mountain, 38-7. Outlook: Has steamrolled two straight Region 8 foes heading into big league game with undeafeated Timpanogos this week. Next up: at Timpanogos, Friday.
8. Logan (4-1)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat Bonneville, 54-20. Outlook: Week 1 hiccup to Northridge is very much in the rearview mirror after four straight blowout victories. Next up: vs. Roy, Friday.
9. Brighton (5-0)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Pleasant Grove, 17-16. Outlook: Coming off a hardly-impressive win over Pleasant Grove, the schedule gets much tougher with rival Alta up this week. Next up: at Alta, Friday.
10. Hurricane (5-0)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Dixie, 34-32. Outlook: Demonstrated the resiliency you'd expect from a defending state champion in rallying past Dixie last weekend. Next up: at Snow Canyon, Friday.
11. Woods Cross (4-1)
Was: 10. Last week: Lost to East, 28-7. Outlook: Couldn't get anything going offensively against East's vaunted defense in dropping its Region 6 opener last week. Next up: at Cyprus, Friday.
12. Bountiful (4-1)
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the latest...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 66
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 19