BYU football: Boise State coach Chris Petersen calls Y. defense 'next level'
Our Take: While BYU's 24-21 loss to Utah was tough to swallow, the Cougars have shown their next opponents cause for concern. Boise State head coach Chris Petersen spoke to the Idaho Statesman about the challenge of trying to score on an improved BYU defense:
"It's going to be a big challenge, not only for the O-line, its going to be for everybody," coach Chris Petersen said Monday. "They're the next level on defense, for sure. ...(Coach Bronco Mendenhall) has got them playing as hard as they've ever played. That's one thing that always jumps out whenever you watch BYU. That's his baby. He's a defensive guy."
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14