Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Two-time beach volleyball Olympian Phil Dalhausser says he will play next season with Sean Rosenthal.
The 2008 gold medalist was looking for a new partner because his old one, Todd Rogers, says he's done playing internationally. Rosenthal made it to the last two Olympics with Jake Gibb, who would be 40 by the time the Olympics are in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Dalhausser made the announcement on The Net Live internet volleyball radio show. He said he and Rogers "had a good run."
Dalhausser and Rogers had been one of the most dominant teams on the international tour before they were knocked out in the round of 16 in London.
Rosenthal and Gibb were eliminated in fifth place at the 2012 Games, the same finish they had in Beijing.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 67
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51