Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Two-time beach volleyball Olympian Phil Dalhausser says he will play next season with Sean Rosenthal.
The 2008 gold medalist was looking for a new partner because his old one, Todd Rogers, says he's done playing internationally. Rosenthal made it to the last two Olympics with Jake Gibb, who would be 40 by the time the Olympics are in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Dalhausser made the announcement on The Net Live internet volleyball radio show. He said he and Rogers "had a good run."
Dalhausser and Rogers had been one of the most dominant teams on the international tour before they were knocked out in the round of 16 in London.
Rosenthal and Gibb were eliminated in fifth place at the 2012 Games, the same finish they had in Beijing.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 122
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 26
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21