Whittingham isn't known for his one-liners, but after the wild win over BYU he quipped, "We had to win the game three times there at the end — I think we're 4-1 right now."
If Utah could get penalized for having fans on the field during a live play, what about BYU coaches clearly being on the field during the blocked field goal play? Doesn't it work both ways? Also, what would happen if fans from the opposing team went onto the field? Or does it only apply to home fans? Just wondering.
And finally, we have to ask the question again. Why is Utah taking a couple of years off in the annual series with BYU?
After all, the Utes have won three in a row for the third time in 20 years, over which time they've won 13 times. Why should they be so afraid of losing?
And you couldn't ask for better games. Except for Ute blowouts in 2011, 2008 and 2004, every other game this century has come down to the final minute, often the final seconds.
But instead of Utah vs. BYU in 2014 and 2015, we're going to get Utah playing someone like Tulsa or Colorado State instead, while BYU may have to come up with someone like Weber State or Idaho State to fill in the gap.
It's a shame.
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Jazz rookie Rodney Hood starting to feel more...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Utah Utes to face familiar faces in football...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13