In Salt Lake City, the LDS Church considers it important enough that its headquarters be in a healthy neighborhood that it spent millions of dollars to develop City Creek Center. In Provo it is advantageous for the Missionary Training Center to be in a healthy neighborhood.
The MTC does not have to build such a neighborhood; that neighborhood already exists. It was with this objective in mind that the MTC was located where it is. All the MTC must do to maintain these surroundings is to do nothing that will negatively impact that neighborhood by ensuring structures it erects and policies it adopts are in harmony with the neighborhood. Is the MTC wise enough to do this?
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21