In Salt Lake City, the LDS Church considers it important enough that its headquarters be in a healthy neighborhood that it spent millions of dollars to develop City Creek Center. In Provo it is advantageous for the Missionary Training Center to be in a healthy neighborhood.
The MTC does not have to build such a neighborhood; that neighborhood already exists. It was with this objective in mind that the MTC was located where it is. All the MTC must do to maintain these surroundings is to do nothing that will negatively impact that neighborhood by ensuring structures it erects and policies it adopts are in harmony with the neighborhood. Is the MTC wise enough to do this?
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 18
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14