CEDAR CITY, Utah — Brad Sorensen threw three touchdown passes to Fatu Moala and Brian Wilson rushed for 140 yards as Southern Utah pulled away in the second half for a 45-23 victory against New Mexico Highlands on Saturday night.
Sorensen's third TD pass to Moala, a 5-yarder, and Miles Killebrew's 49-yard fumble return for a touchdown gave the Thunderbirds (1-2) breathing room after they led 21-20 at halftime.
Emmanuel Lewis threw for 311 yards and Darius Davis caught nine passes for 173 yards and a TD for the Cowboys (2-1).
Sorensen completed 20 of 35 passes.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 41
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25