CEDAR CITY, Utah — Brad Sorensen threw three touchdown passes to Fatu Moala and Brian Wilson rushed for 140 yards as Southern Utah pulled away in the second half for a 45-23 victory against New Mexico Highlands on Saturday night.
Sorensen's third TD pass to Moala, a 5-yarder, and Miles Killebrew's 49-yard fumble return for a touchdown gave the Thunderbirds (1-2) breathing room after they led 21-20 at halftime.
Emmanuel Lewis threw for 311 yards and Darius Davis caught nine passes for 173 yards and a TD for the Cowboys (2-1).
Sorensen completed 20 of 35 passes.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21