CEDAR CITY, Utah — Brad Sorensen threw three touchdown passes to Fatu Moala and Brian Wilson rushed for 140 yards as Southern Utah pulled away in the second half for a 45-23 victory against New Mexico Highlands on Saturday night.
Sorensen's third TD pass to Moala, a 5-yarder, and Miles Killebrew's 49-yard fumble return for a touchdown gave the Thunderbirds (1-2) breathing room after they led 21-20 at halftime.
Emmanuel Lewis threw for 311 yards and Darius Davis caught nine passes for 173 yards and a TD for the Cowboys (2-1).
Sorensen completed 20 of 35 passes.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20