Ririe-Woodbury to perform 'FOUR'
Season-opening show starts Thursday, runs through Saturday
SALT LAKE CITY — Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company will present "FOUR" in performances Sept. 20-22 at 7:30 p.m. at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. Broadway.
This first show of the Ririe-Woodbury's 49th season combines audience favorites and restaging of groundbreaking works.
"50 Years," by nationally renowned performance artist and choreographer Ann Carlson, is a take on the passage of time according to the perceptual calculations on the tribe. Carlson, currently an artist in residence at Stanford University, has received multiple awards for her work, including a 2010 American Masters Award.
Charlotte Boye-Christensen, Ririe-Woodbury's artistic director, will premiere "The Finish Line," inspired by the journey through a relationship.
"Lines to Read Between" is Australian John Utans' investigation of the ideas of images and landscapes by using images on TV screens throughout the stage.
Boye-Christensen's award-winning dance Turf" surrounds the idea of territorialism and how men and women approach the idea of space differently.
"GRID," by New York choreographer Brook Notary, has become an audience favorite at Ririe-Woodbury.
"FOUR" also marks the first season performance of dancer Mary Lyn Graves, who joins the company from Tulsa, Okla., where she danced with Tulsa Ballet.
Season tickets are available at ririewoodbury.com for $75 for first time subscribers, $85 for renewal tickets and $52 for students with ID and seniors.
Individual tickets are on sale for $30 for general public and $15 for students and seniors at ArtTix.org or by calling 801-355-2787.
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Wacky 'Mr. Peabody and Sherman' makes history...
- What's new: 'Power to Become' third in series...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate...
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 13
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 8
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 7
- '12 Years a Slave' wins best picture at... 6
- 2014 Oscars played it safe, but was... 6
- ‘Frozen’ makes history two... 4