On all of our U.S. coins are the words "In God We Trust." Do we really? I never heard God's name mentioned in either of the national conventions.
Did I miss something? Has our nation forgotten how the founders formed our government? Not by debates alone, but by coming together in acknowledging the need for a higher power than man's.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "The longer I live, the more convincing truths I see of this truth — that God governs in the affairs of men." That is, if we let Him.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: Government, health care
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15