On all of our U.S. coins are the words "In God We Trust." Do we really? I never heard God's name mentioned in either of the national conventions.
Did I miss something? Has our nation forgotten how the founders formed our government? Not by debates alone, but by coming together in acknowledging the need for a higher power than man's.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "The longer I live, the more convincing truths I see of this truth — that God governs in the affairs of men." That is, if we let Him.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17