On all of our U.S. coins are the words "In God We Trust." Do we really? I never heard God's name mentioned in either of the national conventions.
Did I miss something? Has our nation forgotten how the founders formed our government? Not by debates alone, but by coming together in acknowledging the need for a higher power than man's.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "The longer I live, the more convincing truths I see of this truth — that God governs in the affairs of men." That is, if we let Him.
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Chaffetz named... 32
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31