On all of our U.S. coins are the words "In God We Trust." Do we really? I never heard God's name mentioned in either of the national conventions.
Did I miss something? Has our nation forgotten how the founders formed our government? Not by debates alone, but by coming together in acknowledging the need for a higher power than man's.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "The longer I live, the more convincing truths I see of this truth — that God governs in the affairs of men." That is, if we let Him.
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for truth...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 54
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 18