On all of our U.S. coins are the words "In God We Trust." Do we really? I never heard God's name mentioned in either of the national conventions.
Did I miss something? Has our nation forgotten how the founders formed our government? Not by debates alone, but by coming together in acknowledging the need for a higher power than man's.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "The longer I live, the more convincing truths I see of this truth — that God governs in the affairs of men." That is, if we let Him.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36