FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Chris Gragg has experienced a steady climb of success during his time at Arkansas, with the team increasing its win total in each of his first four seasons.
The Razorbacks tight end has made a game-winning catch, been a part of the school's first BCS bowl game and a team that finished ranked No. 5 in the country.
The one thing Gragg hasn't been a part of is a victory over Alabama. He'll have his final chance Saturday when the No. 1 Crimson Tide (2-0) visits an Arkansas team reeling with injuries and the mental hangover of a devastating loss to Louisiana-Monroe a week ago.
Quarterback Tyler Wilson's availability is uncertain for the Razorbacks (1-1) following a head injury in the first half of last week's loss. He didn't practice Thursday, and Arkansas coach John L. Smith said Friday that last season's first-team All-Southeastern Conference quarterback would be a game-time decision.
Whether or not Wilson plays, or if either redshirt freshman Brandon Allen or junior Brandon Mitchell takes the field at quarterback, Gragg has his mind set on turning the upset tables around on Alabama — however unlikely that might seem at this point.
"They're one of the teams I've never had a win against," Gragg said. "That's one thing that has been in the back of my mind. They've won two national championships since I've been here, too. They've been to places we want to go, and we know we have to beat them to get to those places."
The defending national champions have defeated the Razorbacks five straight times, including in each of the last four seasons while Arkansas was coached by Bobby Petrino.
Today's top 25 schedule
No. 1 Alabama at Arkansas, 1:30 p.m.
No. 2 USC at No. 21 Stanford, 5:30 p.m.
No. 3 LSU vs. Idaho, 6 p.m.
No. 4 Oregon vs. Tennessee Tech, 1 p.m.
No. 5 Florida St. vs. Wake Forest, 10 a.m.
No. 7 Georgia vs. Fla. Atlantic, 5:30 p.m.
No. 8 South Carolina vs. UAB, 5 p.m.
No. 9 W. Va. vs. James Madison, 2:30 p.m.
No. 10 Mich. St. vs. No. 20 N. Dame, 6 p.m.
No. 11 Clemson vs. Furman, 1 p.m.
No. 12 Ohio State vs. California, 10 a.m.
No. 13 Va. Tech at Pittsburgh, 10 a.m.
No. 14 Texas at Mississippi, 7:15 p.m.
No. 15 Kansas St. vs. N. Texas, 5 p.m.
No. 16 TCU vs. Kansas, 10 a.m.
No. 17 Michigan vs. UMass, 1:30 p.m.
No. 18 Florida at No. 23 Tenn., 4 p.m.
No. 19 Louisville vs. N. Carolina, 1:30 p.m.
No. 22 UCLA vs. Houston, 8:30 p.m.
No. 24 Arizona vs. S. Carolina St., 8:30 p.m.
No. 25 BYU at Utah, 8 p.m.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU basketball star Alan...
- Utah native Seth Wold led the Boston Marathon...
- Possible replacements as new Jazz coach
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 25
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- U. student government passes resolution... 23
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19