Abdelmasih, a Christian originally from Egypt, has spoken out against radical Islam and participated in a protest against a proposal to build a mosque and Islamic cultural center near the World Trade Center site.
The Media for Christ offices are located just off a freeway and next to a mall with big-box stores in the quiet Los Angeles suburb of Duarte. There is no sign on the building identifying the nonprofit.
City Manager Darrell George said Media for Christ held a valid business license since 2006 and no issues had ever come up, until authorities confirmed earlier this week that the group was listed on the film permit.
One of Klein's platforms was a weekly show on Media for Christ's satellite network, The Way TV, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Klein has a long history of anti-Muslim activities. He founded Courageous Christians United, which conducts protests outside abortion clinics, Mormon temples and mosques. He also started Concerned Citizens for the First Amendment, which preaches against Muslims and publishes volumes of anti-Muslim propaganda that Klein distributes. The Southern Poverty Law Center says they have been tracking Klein for several years and have labeled two of the organizations he is affiliated with as hate groups.
Associated Press Writers Anthony McCartney and Gillian Flaccus contributed to this report.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Gunman in delivery man garb kills 4 kids,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling to...
- 6 dead, 4 children, in shooting at suburban...
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border request
- Here's a riddle: What highlights Biblical...
- Prostitute in Google exec case linked to 2nd...
- Texas shooting suspect collapses in court
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 61
- Why thousands of migrant children are... 44
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 43
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 34
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 22
- President Obama aims to shift border... 21
- Obama seeks $3.7 billion to deal with... 20