Our take: Another voice in the debate over free-speech vs. respect for religious beliefs. This argument in the Associated Baptist Press says, "Thoughtful Christians can't win the argument with hate-mongers simply by shouting them down. They must respond with loving actions that say clearly to Muslims that the extremists don't speak for us."
Where is the voice of the moderate church today? Where is the churchs voice when fundamentalists promote hate and cause pain and death all in the name of Jesus? When will the thoughtful church of God rise up?
I know I am not the only one who is frustrated when hate speech is linked to the Christian church. But where and how do we stand up and say, "Enough is enough?"
Chris Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a well-respected and thoughtful diplomat. He was part of a new generation of career diplomats who know the language of the country where they work and get out of the embassy and know the streets.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5