Our take: Another voice in the debate over free-speech vs. respect for religious beliefs. This argument in the Associated Baptist Press says, "Thoughtful Christians can't win the argument with hate-mongers simply by shouting them down. They must respond with loving actions that say clearly to Muslims that the extremists don't speak for us."
Where is the voice of the moderate church today? Where is the churchs voice when fundamentalists promote hate and cause pain and death all in the name of Jesus? When will the thoughtful church of God rise up?
I know I am not the only one who is frustrated when hate speech is linked to the Christian church. But where and how do we stand up and say, "Enough is enough?"
Chris Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a well-respected and thoughtful diplomat. He was part of a new generation of career diplomats who know the language of the country where they work and get out of the embassy and know the streets.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15