Our take: Another voice in the debate over free-speech vs. respect for religious beliefs. This argument in the Associated Baptist Press says, "Thoughtful Christians can't win the argument with hate-mongers simply by shouting them down. They must respond with loving actions that say clearly to Muslims that the extremists don't speak for us."
Where is the voice of the moderate church today? Where is the churchs voice when fundamentalists promote hate and cause pain and death all in the name of Jesus? When will the thoughtful church of God rise up?
I know I am not the only one who is frustrated when hate speech is linked to the Christian church. But where and how do we stand up and say, "Enough is enough?"
Chris Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a well-respected and thoughtful diplomat. He was part of a new generation of career diplomats who know the language of the country where they work and get out of the embassy and know the streets.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6