Our take: Another voice in the debate over free-speech vs. respect for religious beliefs. This argument in the Associated Baptist Press says, "Thoughtful Christians can't win the argument with hate-mongers simply by shouting them down. They must respond with loving actions that say clearly to Muslims that the extremists don't speak for us."
Where is the voice of the moderate church today? Where is the churchs voice when fundamentalists promote hate and cause pain and death all in the name of Jesus? When will the thoughtful church of God rise up?
I know I am not the only one who is frustrated when hate speech is linked to the Christian church. But where and how do we stand up and say, "Enough is enough?"
Chris Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a well-respected and thoughtful diplomat. He was part of a new generation of career diplomats who know the language of the country where they work and get out of the embassy and know the streets.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 8
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon... 5