Our take: Another voice in the debate over free-speech vs. respect for religious beliefs. This argument in the Associated Baptist Press says, "Thoughtful Christians can't win the argument with hate-mongers simply by shouting them down. They must respond with loving actions that say clearly to Muslims that the extremists don't speak for us."
Where is the voice of the moderate church today? Where is the churchs voice when fundamentalists promote hate and cause pain and death all in the name of Jesus? When will the thoughtful church of God rise up?
I know I am not the only one who is frustrated when hate speech is linked to the Christian church. But where and how do we stand up and say, "Enough is enough?"
Chris Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a well-respected and thoughtful diplomat. He was part of a new generation of career diplomats who know the language of the country where they work and get out of the embassy and know the streets.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 69
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3
- LDS missionaries share messages about... 2
- Cracks in the ‘stained-glass... 2
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence 2