OGDEN — The Raptors forced a winner-take-all third game by beating the Missoula Osprey 13-7 Thursday night at Lindquist Field in Ogden.
After putting up a nice curved number in the first inning, scoring three, Ogden exploded in the bottom of the third, plating seven runs with all of them coming in the clutch with two outs.
Noel Cuevas had an RBI single, followed by a Paul Hoeneke RBI triple. Malcolm Holland hit a run-scoring single, and following a walk, Eric Smith hammered a two-run single. Jeremy Rathjen finished up the outburst with a two-RBI single. Rathjen had also hit a two-run homer in the first inning, finishing 2-for-4 with four RBIs.
Cuevas also had a great night at the plate, going 3-for-4 with the triple and three runs knocked in.
Gregg Downing picked up the win on the hill, entering in relief in the fourth inning and going the rest of the way. He allowed two hits and one run, striking out four in 5 1?3 innings pitched.
The two teams will decide the Pioneer League championship tonight at Lindquist Field with the first pitch at 7:05.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43