OGDEN — The Raptors forced a winner-take-all third game by beating the Missoula Osprey 13-7 Thursday night at Lindquist Field in Ogden.
After putting up a nice curved number in the first inning, scoring three, Ogden exploded in the bottom of the third, plating seven runs with all of them coming in the clutch with two outs.
Noel Cuevas had an RBI single, followed by a Paul Hoeneke RBI triple. Malcolm Holland hit a run-scoring single, and following a walk, Eric Smith hammered a two-run single. Jeremy Rathjen finished up the outburst with a two-RBI single. Rathjen had also hit a two-run homer in the first inning, finishing 2-for-4 with four RBIs.
Cuevas also had a great night at the plate, going 3-for-4 with the triple and three runs knocked in.
Gregg Downing picked up the win on the hill, entering in relief in the fourth inning and going the rest of the way. He allowed two hits and one run, striking out four in 5 1?3 innings pitched.
The two teams will decide the Pioneer League championship tonight at Lindquist Field with the first pitch at 7:05.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33