Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion on the lack of rodeo facilities in Utah County. I am a member of the Utah High School Rodeo Association and the National High School Rodeo Association. I compete in rodeos all across the state of Utah.
About 90 percent of the rodeos I go to have huge facilities that are excellently maintained, convenient and organized. It's disappointing when we rodeo in Utah County, which is where I am from, and we have no facility that even compares to the rest of the state.
Rodeo in Utah County is actually very common, more than a lot of other places in the state. I think Utah County deserves a nice rodeo/equestrian facility because we produce some of the best rodeo athletes in Utah, and we should have a nice facility to represent that.
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- My view: Herbert should pick law interpreter
- Letter: Waiving rights
- What will Obama's legacy be?