Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion on the lack of rodeo facilities in Utah County. I am a member of the Utah High School Rodeo Association and the National High School Rodeo Association. I compete in rodeos all across the state of Utah.
About 90 percent of the rodeos I go to have huge facilities that are excellently maintained, convenient and organized. It's disappointing when we rodeo in Utah County, which is where I am from, and we have no facility that even compares to the rest of the state.
Rodeo in Utah County is actually very common, more than a lot of other places in the state. I think Utah County deserves a nice rodeo/equestrian facility because we produce some of the best rodeo athletes in Utah, and we should have a nice facility to represent that.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 26
- President should not act without... 24