Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion on the lack of rodeo facilities in Utah County. I am a member of the Utah High School Rodeo Association and the National High School Rodeo Association. I compete in rodeos all across the state of Utah.
About 90 percent of the rodeos I go to have huge facilities that are excellently maintained, convenient and organized. It's disappointing when we rodeo in Utah County, which is where I am from, and we have no facility that even compares to the rest of the state.
Rodeo in Utah County is actually very common, more than a lot of other places in the state. I think Utah County deserves a nice rodeo/equestrian facility because we produce some of the best rodeo athletes in Utah, and we should have a nice facility to represent that.
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Letter: No sportsmanship, no class
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- John Florez: Legislators' lip service: Losing...
- In our opinion: Wins and losses in the 2014...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: Better airline security...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 37
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 35
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win... 35
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Putin's invasion 23
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped... 21