Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion on the lack of rodeo facilities in Utah County. I am a member of the Utah High School Rodeo Association and the National High School Rodeo Association. I compete in rodeos all across the state of Utah.
About 90 percent of the rodeos I go to have huge facilities that are excellently maintained, convenient and organized. It's disappointing when we rodeo in Utah County, which is where I am from, and we have no facility that even compares to the rest of the state.
Rodeo in Utah County is actually very common, more than a lot of other places in the state. I think Utah County deserves a nice rodeo/equestrian facility because we produce some of the best rodeo athletes in Utah, and we should have a nice facility to represent that.
- Letter: Social judges?
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Letter: Social judges? 29
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 27