Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion on the lack of rodeo facilities in Utah County. I am a member of the Utah High School Rodeo Association and the National High School Rodeo Association. I compete in rodeos all across the state of Utah.
About 90 percent of the rodeos I go to have huge facilities that are excellently maintained, convenient and organized. It's disappointing when we rodeo in Utah County, which is where I am from, and we have no facility that even compares to the rest of the state.
Rodeo in Utah County is actually very common, more than a lot of other places in the state. I think Utah County deserves a nice rodeo/equestrian facility because we produce some of the best rodeo athletes in Utah, and we should have a nice facility to represent that.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 73
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 38
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35