Carolyn Kaster, ASSOCIATED PRESS
I've been seeing lot in the news lately about Mormon members of the Democratic Party who can't understand why the majority of Mormons choose the Republican Party over the Democratic Party. They might look to the Democratic convention where God was expelled from the party.
Then, recognizing that this might be a PR blunder, L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa took a vote as to whether God should be allowed back in. This required a two-thirds majority vote. In the vote, the "nays" were as loud or louder than the "yeas," but the chairman overrode the will of the majority and allowed God back in.
This was somewhat like the passage of Obamacare. I have to wonder about the true nature of the Democrats, in particular their acceptance of divinity.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19