Carolyn Kaster, ASSOCIATED PRESS
I've been seeing lot in the news lately about Mormon members of the Democratic Party who can't understand why the majority of Mormons choose the Republican Party over the Democratic Party. They might look to the Democratic convention where God was expelled from the party.
Then, recognizing that this might be a PR blunder, L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa took a vote as to whether God should be allowed back in. This required a two-thirds majority vote. In the vote, the "nays" were as loud or louder than the "yeas," but the chairman overrode the will of the majority and allowed God back in.
This was somewhat like the passage of Obamacare. I have to wonder about the true nature of the Democrats, in particular their acceptance of divinity.
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- Letters: Founders' values
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- John Florez: Government a big vending machine
- In our opinion: Leave NCIC alone
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- The winners and the losers