Carolyn Kaster, ASSOCIATED PRESS
I've been seeing lot in the news lately about Mormon members of the Democratic Party who can't understand why the majority of Mormons choose the Republican Party over the Democratic Party. They might look to the Democratic convention where God was expelled from the party.
Then, recognizing that this might be a PR blunder, L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa took a vote as to whether God should be allowed back in. This required a two-thirds majority vote. In the vote, the "nays" were as loud or louder than the "yeas," but the chairman overrode the will of the majority and allowed God back in.
This was somewhat like the passage of Obamacare. I have to wonder about the true nature of the Democrats, in particular their acceptance of divinity.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30