BYU football: FOX Sports lists BYU as a potential (if unlikely) BCS buster
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: BYU is undefeated after two games, but those were the easy ones. Starting with Saturday's rivalry matchup at Utah, BYU has a hard road ahead. So while FOX Sports writer Sam Gardner says BYU could bust the BCS if they run the table, he recognizes how difficult a task that will be:
If the No. 25 Cougars (2-0) are going to make their first-ever BCS appearance this season, their best bet is to go undefeated. But that's asking a ton of BYU in its second season as an independent, considering that games against Utah, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech still loom large.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28