Political stereotypes regarding race and religion have a basis but are commonly exaggerated, according to study results from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. Take a look at the breakdown of the Republican and Democratic parties in these pie charts from The Washington Post.
Republicans are the party of white evangelicals. Democrats are the party of minorities and those without any traditional religious affiliation.
Stereotypes? Absolutely. But, according to a study conducted by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life of all of the organizations polling so far in 2012, at least partially accurate — if not entirely illustrative of the full face of either party.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Chinese group provides home for new LDS converts
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5