1. East (3-0)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Fremont, 43-0. Outlook: Coming off shutout win against Fremont, the Leopards' standout defense faces a huge test against streaking Woods Cross this week. Next up: at Woods Cross, Friday.
2. Alta (4-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Riverton, 19-7. Outlook: Only rushed for 33 yards in surprisingly difficult win over Riverton last week, production that probably won't be good enough in showdown with Jordan. Next up: at Jordan, Friday.
3. Jordan (3-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Kearns, 61-29. Outlook: Let out some frustration from the East fiasco with a dominant victory over Kearns. Next up: vs. Alta, Friday.
4. Syracuse (4-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 31-14. Outlook: The Titans have only given up four touchdowns all year, and two of those were late with the outcome well in hand. Next up: at Davis, Friday.
5. Bingham (3-1)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Layton, 44-14. Outlook: Faces a beleaguered Cottonwood squad this week in final preseason test before diving into Region 4 slate. Next up: at Cottonwood, Friday.
6. Northridge (4-0)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Westlake, 42-7. Outlook: The defense continues to dominate this year, an improved aspect for the Knights that has them thinking region title for the first time since 2003. Next up: vs. Fremont, Friday.
7. Brighton (4-0)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat American Fork, 27-7. Outlook: Showed a bit more versatility offensively last week as freshman Drew Jensen threw three touchdown passes. Next up: vs. Pleasant Grove, Friday.
8. Hurricane (4-0)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Cedar, 31-13. Outlook: Adam Thompson showed off his big play ability last week, and the Tigers need him to come up huge in Week 5 showdown with Dixie. Next up: vs. Dixie, Friday.
9. Timpview (3-1)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Mountain View, 48-7. Outlook: Open region play with a bang last week, but Maple Mountain should put up a much bigger fight this week. Next up: vs. Maple Mountain, Friday.
10. Woods Cross (4-0)
Was: 10. Last week: Beat Sky View, 41-14. Outlook: The big-play Wildcats have the weapons necessary to compete with No. 1 East, and perhaps pull off the upset. Next up: vs. East, Friday.
11. Logan (3-1)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat Spanish Fork, 38-13. Outlook: Despite mounting injuries, the Grizzlies continue to impress both offensively and defensively. Next up: at Bonneville, Friday.
12. Bountiful (3-1)
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 39
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19
- Utah basketball: No. 14 Runnin' Utes... 18