1. East (3-0)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Fremont, 43-0. Outlook: Coming off shutout win against Fremont, the Leopards' standout defense faces a huge test against streaking Woods Cross this week. Next up: at Woods Cross, Friday.
2. Alta (4-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Riverton, 19-7. Outlook: Only rushed for 33 yards in surprisingly difficult win over Riverton last week, production that probably won't be good enough in showdown with Jordan. Next up: at Jordan, Friday.
3. Jordan (3-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Kearns, 61-29. Outlook: Let out some frustration from the East fiasco with a dominant victory over Kearns. Next up: vs. Alta, Friday.
4. Syracuse (4-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 31-14. Outlook: The Titans have only given up four touchdowns all year, and two of those were late with the outcome well in hand. Next up: at Davis, Friday.
5. Bingham (3-1)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Layton, 44-14. Outlook: Faces a beleaguered Cottonwood squad this week in final preseason test before diving into Region 4 slate. Next up: at Cottonwood, Friday.
6. Northridge (4-0)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Westlake, 42-7. Outlook: The defense continues to dominate this year, an improved aspect for the Knights that has them thinking region title for the first time since 2003. Next up: vs. Fremont, Friday.
7. Brighton (4-0)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat American Fork, 27-7. Outlook: Showed a bit more versatility offensively last week as freshman Drew Jensen threw three touchdown passes. Next up: vs. Pleasant Grove, Friday.
8. Hurricane (4-0)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Cedar, 31-13. Outlook: Adam Thompson showed off his big play ability last week, and the Tigers need him to come up huge in Week 5 showdown with Dixie. Next up: vs. Dixie, Friday.
9. Timpview (3-1)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Mountain View, 48-7. Outlook: Open region play with a bang last week, but Maple Mountain should put up a much bigger fight this week. Next up: vs. Maple Mountain, Friday.
10. Woods Cross (4-0)
Was: 10. Last week: Beat Sky View, 41-14. Outlook: The big-play Wildcats have the weapons necessary to compete with No. 1 East, and perhaps pull off the upset. Next up: vs. East, Friday.
11. Logan (3-1)
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- ESPN trivia guru: University of Utah graduate...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi beats Bingham,...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 37
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 29
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 12
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 11
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8